more pages made from the scrap box
with these sewn scrap pages, I sorted by color
and a scrappy journal page using impossibly small scraps
a few answers to some email questions:
- I use a smaller size sewing machine needle, if the paper is heavy then I will switch to a larger size
- a heavier thread fills the holes that are left by the needle
- a foundation paper such as standard notebook paper makes a good substrate for gluing on the scraps
- just a small dot from the glue stick to hold the paper on the foundation, this way you can tuck under edges as scraps are added
- sew down the edges of the scraps to hold everything together
- lengthen up the stitch length to 3.5 (on my machine), if the stitch length is too small it will rip the paper
- I use either straight or a big zig zap on the scrap paper
- all kinds of scrap can be used from specialty papers, magazine clips, book pages, photo, and new or old wallpaper.
Last night I played around a bit with a mix of paper and fabric and the results were really interesting. More pictures to follow as the play continues.