I am getting to the place where I can almost show full completed areas of the gypsy wagon. Today, I worked on some pillows and the walls. The alcove shown below has poor natural light and despite my efforts to brighten it with light color fabrics and wall treatments, it just stayed dark. So finally I wised up and quite fighting the lack of good light. Even though the corner is a bank of windows (the aqua circle pattern fabric is covering windows) the windows are small and have heavy accordion shades that I have to keep in place.
The Solution: add a dizzing array of colors and patterns.
This is my reading corner in the gypsy wagon. There was an impossibly uncomfortable love seat here originally, the most miserable piece of furniture ever. And Ugly. I will have to see if I can find a before picture.
My solution was to take an equally uncomfortable memory foam mattress that I hated and replaced. When I realized that the mattress was entirely foam, I used my electric kitchen knife and cut the mattress in half lengthwise. (I don't recommend doing this as it was kind of dicey in regards to safety) I stacked the two long pieces of foam, made a cover and now I have the most comfortable "sofa" ever to be found in a gypsy wagon. Later on down the road, I will probably make a frame and use just one layer of the foam but for now it works.
I will show more when I finish the walls in this alcove. To add even more pattern and color, I am collaging the walls with paper, paint and stencil. Kind of like a visual journal page on the wall.