One of the best things about having several projects going at one time, is that there is always something to work on. Sometimes, projects are put away and long periods of time pass before I pull them down and work on them. For this altered book, I removed all the pages, glued several of them together and made three signatures that I will bind back into the book when I am finished working in it. I don't even remember when I started this altered book. This is a fun book to work in and I always enjoy it. No theme or rules other than I try to use a small portion of the original page images even if it's only a tiny portion.
Pages full of fantasy that are collage in it's simplest form. This form of altered book is a good mindless activity almost like doodling. A doodling with images.
There is a category over on the left side column if you want to see more pages in this "Stay for Tea" altered book.
A couple of pages from the "stay for tea" altered book. The theme is tea in all it's forms and service. It would be interesting for this book to be a study from a hot afternoon ice tea to high tea with a gothic fantasy twist. When the pages are filled and the book re-bound, I will continue to work each page. For now, it's all about getting the background down. In this altered book, I am trying to use the original illustrations from the pages Before starting this altered book, I deconstructed the book. Taking all the pages out. There weren't many. Then I reinforced the fold on each page, glued a few pages together and when all the pages are finished, I will re-bind the book.
I am working on each page separately which is working fine for this project.
Is A&E coming to film an episode of "Hoarders" in my house?
No, but I think I may qualify at first glance. There are rows of fabric and paper stacked behind every piece of furniture.
My dining room table has stacks of vintage photos and postcards and a towering column of 12 by 12 paper. See the blue toolbox, the table is my new work space.
The day after finishing a total bathroom demolition and re-model, I decided my studio could use a new wood floor. Up came the carpet and down will go a wood floor that is much better suited for a studio. It is amazing how much stuff can come out of one room. The studio has a walk in closet that I had four large industrial metal shelving units and now I realize how much they held.
so for now all my junk is in the back entryway (above) and lined around the living areas of my house. My goal is to get the floor down by the end of next weekend. Then the task of moving it all back in starts.
Be sure to watch my Etsy shop in the next couple of weeks, because I will be sorting through and selling lots of stuff.
For now I am working at my kitchen table and was able to make one page in my altered book. Next up, a kitchen remodel and then I am done...or....
the next altered book was de-constructed a few months ago I removed all the pages and glued a few together, wiped on some gesso the plan is to sew all the pages back in the original cover when completed I also wanted to include some of the original illustrations and some paint on the finsihed pages one page started no theme in mind for this book but it looks like it's becoming a tea party
So won't you come over and stay for tea if you do, I will make a grilled cream cheese sandwich using this chocolate cherry bread I made today