Today, I tested a self drafted design for a quilt I am working on. This test square is 12" by 14" and I am quilting with my APQS Millie. There will be a change in threads on the final quilt and I am not so sure of the micro fills. This is the best way for me to work out any design and thread issues before I move on to the actual quilt top.
So far, it is working for me. There will be crosshatching behind the design and I may take the micro fill down just a bit smaller. After I get the crosshatch in, I will think about adding more linear elements to the quilting.
This small test is just a tiny part of what I have planned.